Post by Daniel (commish, agent) on Jun 18, 2019 13:42:14 GMT 1
- Usually, I'm your helpful commish. During free agency, I'm the ruthless agent representing all players. I'll bleed you dry or die trying.
- The moratorium will last till Nov 22, 12:01pm ET.
- All offers you send are official, in principle you can't back out.
- Only one conversation per franchise, please.
- Offers from teams without sufficient cap space (cell D58 in your team sheet) that don't specify exactly which exception is being used or how the cap space will be created instantly upon confirming the signing (aka conditional renouncements) will be ignored.
- A smart GM is always lowballing 50 players simultaneously, although it is illegal to offer the same cap space to different players. How then? By sending long, detailed, NUMBERED lists of their conditional priorities.
- If you ask nicely, a lot of contracts can be agreed on early but signed with some weeks of delay, so that you can optimize cap usage as you please.
- This of course doesn't apply to RFA. Although you have 2 days to match, a quick match or rejection is always a nice gesture to me and everybody else.
- There is a ton of cap space between the orphans, so please respect my time and only send decent offers. As their care-taker, I have the right to offer roughly twice the money, or roughly $3m/year more than you (whichever is less) to overbid with an orphan.
- As a rule of thumb I'll try to sign players in the order indicated in the FOFA20 sheet. That being said, e.g. last summer Nerlens Noel got $20m/year on day 1 and of course he accepted.
- Please directly specify in advance how high you'd be willing to go if others push.
Which is different from bidding against yourself, if you can trust me. As proof, in the Rumors thread I'll be attaching the second closest bid in brackets, if this kind of auto-raise proved necessary. That being said, you don't need to write a novel. Look what Billy just wrote: "Terry: I'd give 17.5. 3 years + to. If 4 years is needed ok. I'll offer no raises but if 5% is needed ok." That's quick, efficient, and transparent.
- Please always make your latest PM self-contained.
Quick copy-and-paste of the previous info (if still applicable) and then new info on top of that.
Your sources of information: